I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Christmas is almost here and I can hardly believe it.  I feel like I was just watching fireworks last week, and now I'm driving around looking at all the Christmas lights in the neighborhood.  Christmas is great though - it's the only holiday that is celebrated for such a long period of time.  We are decorating trees, hanging lights, and buying presents nearly an entire month ahead of time.  I love this time of year - and not just because of the presents ;)  I love the food, I love the weather, I love spending time with family, and yes, I do love the presents (giving them of course!)  This time of year also leads to a lot of holiday parties, which are made much more festive with a cocktail.  The cocktail that I like to call the 'White Christmas Martini' is a crowd pleaser, but it does take some prep time to have ready in time for a party.  It is well worth it though.  

Ingredients:
3 White Grapes
1 1/2 oz. Vodka
2 1/2 oz. White Grape Juice
Splash Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
1/2 c. Sugar in the Raw
Lemon Zest
1 c. Ice
3" toothpick

Instructions:
1. 3-4 hours before drinking time, place 3 white grapes on a toothpick and place in freezer
2. Zest one lemon and combine with Sugar in The Raw, place on small round plate and set aside
3. When ready to serve, rub juice from lemon around rim of martini glass and dip in sugar/zest mixture
4. Combine vodka, lemon juice, white grape juice and ice in a shaker
4.  Shake well, at least one minute
5. Pour into martini glass using strainer (to keep ice out)
6. Garnish with grape toothpick and serve

No comments