Orange Glazed Cranberry Scone Delight



Filling out Christmas cards can be overwhelming sometimes but when you add a snack while doing it everything seems better.  This is Tyler & my first year of doing Christmas cards as a married couple. 

And no this isn't our first Christmas together either. We were married in May '09. So....I guess I've always just been a little on the lazy side and didn't feel like doing them. BUT! One day while searching on etsy I found these awesome personalized Christmas cards and well I just couldn't resist. Check out the site here.

I was super excited to see the outcome when they arrived and I can tell you I wasn't let down.

So on Saturday morning while the husband slept in I decided to get busy filling the cards out but before doing all that I needed some breakfast.  Scones anyone? The only question now was What Kind Of Scones? While searching through the frig I noticed some leftover cranberries and oranges. 
Ding, Ding, Ding!!!

Cranberry-Orange Scones were born.

I didn't feel like coming up with a recipe so I decided to use one from The Kitchen website here. They were way too sticky to use a biscuit cutter so I just made cookie size balls on the baking sheet.  I used Sugar in the Raw as my topping instead of regular old sugar. They came out soooo delicious.  But something was missing. What could it be...Oh I've got it.  It needs an orange glaze to make it just perfect.

Orange Glaze
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1 c powdered sugar
1 orange zested and juiced

Combine all ingredients over a double boiler. Cook until butter and sugar are melted and mixture is thickened.  Remove from heat and make sure to keep stirring the mixture until slightly cool.  Drizzle over top of scones. Let sit until glaze has harden.

1 comment

  1. I think I'll take these for our first morning in your new house please.

    ReplyDelete