Stuffed French Toast

Here's that yummy french toast I gave you a little preview of a few days ago.  I couldn't believe how fast I devoured this meal. I had been craving my husbands french toast for awhile (see previous french toast post here) and he finally got a Saturday off from work so what do I do...I put him to work in the kitchen. He changed this one up by making an amazing filling! 

1 loaf Challah Bread (day old works great)
1/2 c. fresh berries

Batter
2 c. whole milk
3 whole eggs
2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2c. sugar

Filling
1 tub marshmallow fluff
8oz. cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Preheat electric skillet to 360 degrees. Slice Challah loaf into 1" thick slices and set aside.  Prepare batter by mixing milk, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and sugar together with a whisk.  One at a time, submerge each piece of toast in the batter and then place on the greased skillet. While toast is cooking, prepare filling by combining the fluff, cream cheese and vanilla in a mixer using the paddle attachment. Let toast cook approximately 3 minutes on each side (or until nice golden crust is formed).  Spread a thick layer of filling on toast slices and stack as high as you want.Top with maple syrup and the freshest berries of the season.

No comments