Banana Bread


I love bananas!  I buy them every single time I'm at the grocery store.  Last week I ended up with too many and they started turning brown.  I hate wasting things and couldn't bring myself to throw them away so I came up with this quick and easy recipe for banana bread.  Just so you know, Tyler doesn't really like bananas, but he loved this bread if that tells you anything!  Probably not since you don't know him, but trust me, the bread was yummy. 
Ingredients
makes one loaf
4 ripe bananas, smashed
2 tbsp salted butter, melted
4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 c sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  With a spoon, mix butters into the mashed bananas in a large bowl.  Mix in the sugar, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  Add the baking soda and mix in well.  Lastly, add the flour and mix.  Pour the mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan.  Bake for 45 minutes to an hour. Let it sit in the pan for 15 minutes on a cooling rack before removing from pan.  Once removed from the pan, slice and serve warm.

No comments