Gooey S'mores Cookies

Let me start out by saying thank goodness for the iphone, and more importantly instagram.  The reason i say this is because I made these cookies on a whim.  My friend (that's been deployed for 9 months in Qatar) was in town for R&R and she and her husband wanted to stop by and see the new house.  So of course I needed something that made the house smell good.  So I got a batch cookies going, but not just any cookies.  Possibly the best cookies I have made to date.  Anyways, back to why I love instagram.  I didn't have any time to set up a shoot for these cookies, so I went to instagram to do the work for me.  So sorry for the lack of photos, but come on, the one above does enough right?!  

S'mores Cookies
1/2 c butter, softened
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/3 c flour
3/4 c graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 c chocolate chips
1 c mini marshmallows

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.  Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.  Add the egg and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk together the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt.  Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix on low speed until the dough just comes together.  Add the chocolate chips and marshmallows and stir to combine.

Place a tablespoon sized scoop of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.  


recipe adapted from kevin & amanda blog

No comments