Pumpkin Pound Cake

With Thanksgiving being tomorrow I thought I'd share some of the things I'm thankful for. The following are in no particular order.
1. My wonderful husband
2. Christmas lights
3. Coffee in the early morning
4. My four legged child
5. My kitchen aid mixer
6. Best friends that fight for our freedom
7. Sweatpants
8. Top knots for those bad hair days
9. Family (who I miss because they live too far away)
10. Chocolate chip cookies
 
I'm also thankful for this pumpkin pound cake which I made because I was super bored the other day. I think I should start baking more when I'm bored.  It came out so delicious!  The glaze makes the cake sooo moist.  My husband took it to work with him and he said it was gone in minutes because everyone came back for seconds and thirds!
 
Ingredients
Cake
1 (15oz) can pumpkin
3/4 c granulated sugar
3/4 c packed dark brown sugar
1/2 c (1 stick) butter, softened
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 c all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 c whole milk
 
Preheat oven to 350 degree.  Lightly coat a 10-inch tube pan with cooking spray; dust with about 1 tablespoon flour.  Place both  sugars and butter in mixing bowl; beat on medium speed 3 minutes or until well blended.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin puree and vanilla.  Combine flour, pumpkin spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl; stirring well with a whisk.  Alternate flour mixture and milk with the batter, beginning and ending with flour mixture.   Spoon batter into prepared pan.  Bake for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack.  Remove from pan, and cool completely on wire rack.
Glaze
2 c confectioners sugar
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
Combine all 3 ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well incorporated.  Pour over cake and serve. 

No comments