Banana Muffins with a sort of but not really Crumb Topping

I'm officially out of the morning, noon, & night nausea all the time phase! And yes my fingers are crossed hoping that I didn't just jinx myself.  I have also moved onto the phase where none of my clothes fit me anymore, so I'm trying to cope with that now.  You may think that's not a big deal and I should have known this was coming, but it's still a shock.  Plus, when your hormones are all over the place like mine are then you can talk to me about how a shirt that fit you last week but not this week makes you cry. 

But onto some food news, don't you just love it when bananas start browning at a much faster rate then you were able to eat them?  Well I do...because that means banana bread! But instead of making the obvious I went with banana muffins with what was supposed to be a crumb topping.  I kinda put too much butter in the topping - oops.  But even with a mess up they still came out so delicious!

Muffins
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c packed light brown sugar
1 egg
1/3 c vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Crumb Topping
1/3 packed light brown sugar
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp butter (this is the right amount I promise)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Line muffin tin with muffin liners.  In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon, set aside.  In another large bowl, beat together bananas, sugars, egg, oil and vanilla.  Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.  Evenly scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.

To make the crumb topping - in a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.  Cut in butter until evenly distributed and crumbly in texture.  Sprinkle topping over muffins.

Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, check with a toothpick.  If it comes out clean the muffins are ready. 

recipe adapted from My Baking Addiction

2 comments

  1. Preheat stove for you to 375 degrees Y. Line muffin tin together with muffin ships. In a big serving, incorporate flour, baking soda, the baking powdered, salt, and also sugar-cinnamon, set aside. In another significant dish, conquer with each other apples, sugars, ovum, gas along with vanilla flavor. Stir the particular bananas blend into the flour blend only until finally moistened. Evenly details hitter in to prepared muffin glasses.
    buy runescape gold
    Billig WOW Gold Kaufen
    cheap blade and soul gold

    ReplyDelete
  2. In another large bowl, beat together bananas, sugars, egg, oil and vanilla. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Evenly scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
    WOW Gold Kaufen
    World of Warcraft Gold

    ReplyDelete