SKILLET CINNAMON ROLLS


I'm probably the biggest fan of cinnamon rolls EVER! All that sweetness wrapped up in that doughy delight is a little piece of heaven.  You know you agree;).  The only downfall is preparing the dough.  It takes a little bit of patience, which I don't have, and planning ahead, which I never do.  So while I was trolling pinterest, I came across a picture that said '30-minute cinnamon rolls skillet cake'.  I was immediately hooked!

This past Sunday was 'date morning' for me and the hubby.  Come to think of it I don't think we've seen a date night since Parker was born.  I really need to start looking for a babysitter. But anyways, back to the cinnamon rolls...the best part of this recipe is that it's only 4 ingredients for the rolls and 4 ingredients for the icing. Perfect for a mother with a baby who likes to be held ALL THE TIME.

Once I had the gooey delicious rolls on plates we enjoyed them while watching Catching Fire...it was perfect!    

Cinnamon Rolls
Buttermilk Biscuits (2 packages)
5 tbsp. Melted Butter
3/4 cup Brown Sugar 
1 tsp. Cinnamon

Icing
1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
1/4 cup Butter, softened
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
3 tbsp. Milk

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
3. Take biscuits out of package, then with a rolling pin flatten each biscuit.
3. Dip flatten biscuits into melted butter, shake off the excess then dip into brown sugar & cinnamon mixture, coated both sides. Shaking off the excess.
4. Roll up each biscuit and place in skillet starting with the outside and spiraling towards the middle.
5. Bake for 20 minutes.
6. While cinnamon rolls are baking prepare icing.  Mix together powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla. Slowly add in the milk until you get to the consistency you like.
7. Remove skillet from over and let cinnamon rolls sit for about seven minutes before adding icing.
8. Take a spoon full of icing and drizzle over cinnamon rolls.
9. Enjoy  


No comments