PARKER'S NURSERY

I thought I would finally share Parker's nursery with you like I promised I would a month ago.  Before this room became Parker's it was our guest room.  Nothing much going on with it.  It was plain, boring, and dark.  So the first thing we did was brighten up the room with a fresh cost of ultra white paint.  We painted the top of the wall and ceiling a nice calming gray.  It probably took Tyler a week to paint the room by himself because he had to paint two coats on all the trim, the walls, the ceilings and the doors. After all the painting was finished we moved on to the fun stuff.  We chose Parker's dresser from IKEA, and if you have ever tried to put together their furniture, then you know how unclear their directions can be. Lets just say it was a lot of 'fun'.  The dresser was unfinished so we painted it (more painting...really!?) and found some pretty inexpensive knobs at Lowe's.   The crib came from Walmart (I know I couldn't believe it either) but it was exactly what we were looking for with a price tag we could afford.  After all that it was time to decorate.
We found this red & white striped rug from Rugs USA, and we waited until they had one of those 70% off sales to buy it. The flags hanging on the wall below were handmade by Tyler's grandma. 
The mobile above was something "fun" for Tyler & his mom to do because I have no, and I mean no sewing abilities at all.  Tyler was surprisingly very good at it.  I found the mobile here.   
I found these prints on etsy.  The prints only cost me $5 each to order and $1.60 to print at a local print shop.  Score!!!
Parker's is obviously not hurting for toys.
The floating bookshelves with the ledge are a nice touch as well.

I love how Parker's nursery came out in the end. The only thing left to do is replace the carpet with hardwood, but that will have to be saved for another day!

No comments