...JOURNAL TIME...

Oh hi, I'm Nicole if you don't remember. I know it's been a while! I kept meaning to post about my Easter, but as you can see that never happened, and it feels a little bit too late to do it now.  I work at an 8-4 Monday-Friday job.  I get home around 4:15 and have to jump right into my mommy role.  I walk in the door and it's time to feed Parker.  My husband who has had Parker all day has to jump in the shower to get ready for work.  We just couldn't justify spending hundreds of dollars on a daycare/nanny when Tyler's job is at night mainly.  But there's a down side to this plan...we NEVER see each other for more than 30 minutes most days.  Ugh :(

Tyler works in the restaurant industry as an Asst. General Manager for one of the busiest restaurants in this city.  Being in that industry means more nights shifts.  So at first we were like 'this is awesome'.  I'll work my 8-4 and you'll work your 5-whenever (it ranges from 12am to 4am) and we'll switch off Parker in between. Great right!? Not so much.  We forgot that we'll never see each other.  It's been pretty hard but we're making it work for right now.  I like the fact that Parker is with one of us at all times, but it is a sacrifice to say the least.

So back to my lack of posting lately - I get home, feed, change, play, change, bathe, change, read, and finally put Parker to sleep.  By the time I've got him to sleep all I want to do is take a shower and lay in bed and read - if I'm lucky I will have two chapters read before passing out myself.  BTW, I started this book before Parker was born...he's 7 months now.  As you can see blogging didn't come up once.

From here on out I'm going to start looking at this "blog" as my journal.  So I won't feel bad if it's been 3 months since my last post or if I decide to post 10 things in one week (that would never happen of course haha).  I just want this blog journal to be a place where I can just write what I'm feeling/thinking/living without feeling like I should be posting something every week.      

To kick it off, I wanted to post a video from my day trip to Charleston with my family for our 5 year anniversary. 



No comments