OUR DAY OUT APPLE PICKING

About three weeks ago I was able to experience my first apple picking.  I have to say that I didn't really care too much for the actual picking of the apples off of the trees.  We were a little late into the season when we went and there were rotten apples everywhere.  Plus, the farm had this potbelly pig walking around eating the rotten apples.  So not only was I trying not to step on the rotten apples on the ground, but I was also trying not to step in pig poop.   Other than that, I loved going to the farm and trying all the different homemade hard ciders, fried apple pies, cider donuts, and a cider slushy?! Oh yea, I said SLUSHY!  It was fantastic, you can ask Parker ;) It was also really great just hanging out with family.  Tyler's parents, aka nonna & pawpaw, drove down to spend the week with us for Parker's upcoming 1st birthday party (more on that later).  Below are a few photos from the day.

 ^Yes, we do match! And yes, it was on purpose^
^Parker helping me pick the right apples^

No comments