JUDE TURNED ONE!!!

I just realized a never posted Jude's 1st birthday party so better late than never right!?!

We made it...my first full year with 2 children!!!  But enough about me, let’s talk about Jude. I can't believe it's been a whole year.  It seriously flew by! Like the saying goes: ‘the days are super long but the years are way too fast!’ Jude's personality is starting to come out now. I can tell that he's going to be my shy child.  He likes to be right beside me at all time which is sweet but can be quite exhausting.  I'm hoping that as he gets a little older and sees how brave and adventurous his brother is he'll follow suit.  If not that's okay too.  Who I'm I to force anything...I was a super shy kid myself so I guess we know where he got it from. Here are some pictures from his birthday party.  We decided on a Party Animal theme with lots of colors.

I made m&m cookies and rice krispy treats which I dipped in white chocolate and sprinkles the day before
I also made the Happy Birthday cake above.  I wish I got a picture of it once it was cut because each layer was a different color.  I think it went blue, orange, green and red.  The cake itself was straight out of the box but I did make the buttercream frosting from scratch.  The smash cake came from publix which of course is always delicious. The only thing I did there was add the animals and candle (hard work i know ha).    
I handmade the banner on the window.  As you can probably tell I free handed the animals on it.  Hopefully you can see what they are but if not...lion, elephant, and gorilla. 
Jude wasn't a big fan of the Happy Birthday song as you can tell with those very real tears :(  His brother on the other hand had no trouble jumping in and showing Jude how he should be eating his cake. 

Of course he warmed up to smashing his cake a little later on lol


No comments