HONEY LAVENDER WHISKEY SOUR

I have never been one for specialty cocktails.  My husband works in the restaurant industry and he has full control over the bar menu.  He is constantly coming up with new twists on cocktails.  I, on the other hand, have never tried any of them, sorry Tyler ha.  I mean I'm a wine girl not liquor.  But the other weekend I just wanted to try something new so I asked him what would be something he thought I would really enjoy.  He thought about and said I'll make you a cocktail with egg whites in it.  I looked at him unsure of what he just said. He told me to just trust him.  He came up with his own take on a whiskey sour.

After all is said and done I tried it, and you guys, it was so delicious!  I mean I'm not exaggerating I do not drink whiskey or raw eggs but this drink was fantastic.  After having this drink and realizing how delicious it was and how creative my husband is with coming up with cocktails [bravo tyler] I've decided I'm going to start doing Friday Cocktails with Tyler.  It will feature a new cocktail almost every Friday from here on out until he runs out of ideas.

Ingredients
1.25 oz wild turkey American honey bourbon 
juice of 1/2 a lemon
.25 oz lavender syrup
1 egg white
3 drops Lavender bitters
Lemon peel
Lavender sprig


Instructions
1. Place all ingredients in a shaker and vigorously dry shake for 30 seconds
2. Add ice to shaker and shake again to chill
3. Pour into rock glass with ice, top with 3 dashed of lavender bitters
4. Garnish with a shaved lemon peel and a lavender sprig

Recipe by Tyler Mowen


No comments